there is a paint color by ben moore that i am totally in love with called camouflage (2143-40). it is a beautiful soft green without screaming "green". i used it on the exterior of a beach house along with the accent color, alexandria beige (HC-77). these images remind me of how pretty this color is.
have you ever suffered from pregnancy meltdowns (where you turn completely crazy for no apparent reason)? i had one last night....it was caused by the library calling to tell me to return "elmo's potty time" for the second time. i sat on the couch and shed some tears and said i need some "me time". it lasted about ten minutes...then i felt silly and ate ice cream.
ha....being pregnant- isn't it grand :)
don't work late, enjoy a fire, have a dinner party w/ friends, sleep in on saturday, eat breakfast in bed, pamper yourself to a long shower....
whatever you do, enjoy it! and i'll see you next week :)
i want to add some charm to our front porch....the first thing that would make it cuter would be wonderful ferns and great potted plants by the door, but considering it's january, i am starting by thinking about the front door. I have been in love with the front door from martha stewart forever. Our door is red and I plan on keeping it that way but I thought it would be fun and inexpensive to paint the No. 1 (of course i would add our correct house number) onto it. I also love the plaid doormat that was featured in country living in dec. (unfortunately it's on backorder). and the next thing would be to change the lighting the builders installed when the house was built. i am thinking something from barn light electric...i love the atomic topless guard sconce. so that's my daydreaming...i'll keep you up-to-date on what happens :)
it's suppose to be super cold this weekend so here are some things to ponder if your bored:
1. have you seen 500 days of summer? soooo good and the guy is really cute in it...you should really watch it and then google and see where you recognize the guy from (it will make you laugh).
2. feeling like cleaning? i have a huge obsession with mrs. meyers (kind of funny since i am not good at cleaning)...geranium and basil are the only ways to go. i can't live without the hand soap, counter top spray, and all purpose cleaner (money saving tip: buy the all purpose cleaner and refill your counter top spray bottle will a little of that and warm water). i have been known to say 'if no one was looking i might just spray this stuff and wear it as perfume'....
3. i heart dunkin' donuts coffee. i told warren that i think that i could be one of those people who could have the bumper sticker (i know, can you imagine)! coffee snobs are just dying at this revelation! the best is getting it fresh from the drive thru and having them put cream and sugar in it for you....yum.
4. feel like venturing out in the cold....tj maxx has designer's guild sheets and shams...really cute...really cheap (like $3.99 cheap). i got sheets and shams for taylor's room...they are getting monogrammed as we speak!
5. if you have kids, i am obsessed w/ mini boden and they are having a huge sale right now. i am bummed that this isn't available in taylor's size but they have TONS of cute things that i could totally buy.
okay, i'm off to charlotte to battle the cold and hopefully make a stop at south park and phoebe's new store! see you next week...stay warm!
*image courtesy of what anna loves
lots of people have been asking to see pictures of the house...believe me, you will definitely see pictures, as well as projects that i hope to be starting soon...but right now, i feel like it's lacking my favorite color and that i am swimming in a sea of khaki....i like khaki, don't get me wrong, i just like it combined with other colors!
*images courtesy of creature comforts, massie color, sweetie pie, domestikated life
you know, i'm not one to stick to a resolution....and now that i think about it, i don't think i really make a point of making them....does that make me a terrible person?!! but i will say that when i saw that 'love life' pic, i immediately thought 'that's pretty cool'- a great motto to live by....